Friday, May 21, 2004

 

Photo mania

How can you resist taking photographs of your baby? It is truly an exercise in self-restraint. This is especially true if you have a film camera because it quickly starts becoming expensive.
We have managed to spend a small fortune on buying and developing film, since Leelee arrived. I just ran a quick report in Quicken and from the start of this year, we have spent $160 on film developing. The film is extra.

On the one hand, it is great that we take fewer pictures (as compared to most people). It means that there are fewer pictures to organize.
I started out just putting them all into albums, but we were slowly starting to forget dates and occasions. So yesterday, I started a simple scrapbook for Leelee's pictures. So far, I have done 5 pages.
- 3 month birthday (Posing for pictures in the pink dress that Sita gave Leelee).
- Gripe-water (drinking gripe water from her bottle)
- Daddy keeping Leelee warm at the Cherry Blossom Festival
- Picnic in the Park (Leelee's 6 month birthday)
- Look, I'm sitting (pics from when Leelee first started sitting).

The scrapbook is much more interesting and fun than looking at photo after photo in a regular album. Also, since they are archival quality, the photos should last a long time.

I really want to get the Nikon D-70 digital SLR camera. It is about a $1000 for the body (lenses are extra). Till I can save up for it, I will continue using film.

Anyway, back to scrapbooking before Leelee and Daddy return from the Korean market. It is nice to have some peace and quiet every now and then!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?