Tuesday, May 25, 2004

 

Stranger Anxiety

They say that babies will go through this phase right about at 7-8 months. Leelee is sort of going through hers. Combined with teething and nearing a milestone (standing), this can result in some melt-downs.

When I was at Michaels the other day, a nice lady offered to hold Leelee while I got something framed. Leelee was fussing in the sling and refused to sit still. She went happily to the lady but after about 10 seconds started weeping hysterically. I took her back but everytime she saw the lady she started crying again.

This past weekend, we were in Richmond, visiting my cousin. When Leelee saw my cousin Minty, she started crying again. After a while, she did get used to other people but she always looked around to make sure either Daddy or me were there.

From what I have read, it is at this stage that they truly diffrentiate between Mom and Dad and Others. Before, they would go to anyone who had a friendly smile on their face. Not any more. They have to get to 'know' a person before they will go to them. Very fascinating.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?