Tuesday, June 15, 2004

 

So, it finally happened..

... Leelee fell off the bed. We knew it would happen one day, we feared it would happen one day, and this morning it did.

Leelee sleeps in the crib, but I bring her to the bed to nurse her in the morning. I like cuddling with her when she wakes up. Now, when Leelee's dad is in bed too, our bodies on either side of the bed, block her from falling. When he leaves for work, it is just Leelee and me, so we pile his side of the bed with pillows. Since Leelee is swaddled tight, we figure she cannot really escape. WRONG.
This morning, i hear a THUD and wake up. Leelee is not next to me and then I hear her crying. Even my foggy brain knows exactly what has happened. There she is lying between the bed and the crib, crying.
The instant I pick her up, she is fine. She is tested for sitting and crawling etc, and everything is fine. Thank goodness. Phew. I am not quite sure how she did it.. she was still swaddled. I think she sidled up the top side of the pillow and made her escape from there.
Anyway, all is well that ends well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?