Thursday, March 03, 2005
It has been a while!
Miss Leelee is now 16.5 months old!! The last blog, she was still swaddled in her Miracle Blanket and was able to roll of the bed. Now, she is running at the speed of light, babbling up a storm and signing away!
She is the most deliciously entertaining creature that ever existed. Behind that cute exterior is a brilliant mind. She is fast, smart, sweet, loving and everything good in the world rolled up into a 21 pound and 29 inch package.
This morning, Miss Leelee decided to take ALL the clothes out of the bottom two dresser drawers. One by one she took an item and ran into the living room. All the while, I was still laying in bed, trying to wake up. After observing her running back and forth for 15 minutes, I finally got out of bed to see her new project. There was a small mountain of clothes in the living room. Since she has a cold, she had wiped her snot on some things. I will confess, I was not ready to wash 2437 items of clothing again, so back they went. Now we will just pick off the dry snot when we find it on something we wear.
After that was done, she closed the door on herself in the master closet. There, in the pitch dark, she proceeded to read her dad's HUGE study journal. For a good 10 seconds. I could hear the rustling of pages. When I opened the door to see if she wa okay, she had climbed up the little step stool like a monkey. She was pretty mad that I peeked in on her and came down the stool, shut the door on me. When I peeked in again, she was atop the step-stool. Once again she came and shut the door on me. Sometimes she needs her privacy to poop. Understandable. But she was not pooping. Just wanted to be alone I suppose.
All this before I even had my morning coffee. Ahh... life with a toddler!
She is the most deliciously entertaining creature that ever existed. Behind that cute exterior is a brilliant mind. She is fast, smart, sweet, loving and everything good in the world rolled up into a 21 pound and 29 inch package.
This morning, Miss Leelee decided to take ALL the clothes out of the bottom two dresser drawers. One by one she took an item and ran into the living room. All the while, I was still laying in bed, trying to wake up. After observing her running back and forth for 15 minutes, I finally got out of bed to see her new project. There was a small mountain of clothes in the living room. Since she has a cold, she had wiped her snot on some things. I will confess, I was not ready to wash 2437 items of clothing again, so back they went. Now we will just pick off the dry snot when we find it on something we wear.
After that was done, she closed the door on herself in the master closet. There, in the pitch dark, she proceeded to read her dad's HUGE study journal. For a good 10 seconds. I could hear the rustling of pages. When I opened the door to see if she wa okay, she had climbed up the little step stool like a monkey. She was pretty mad that I peeked in on her and came down the stool, shut the door on me. When I peeked in again, she was atop the step-stool. Once again she came and shut the door on me. Sometimes she needs her privacy to poop. Understandable. But she was not pooping. Just wanted to be alone I suppose.
All this before I even had my morning coffee. Ahh... life with a toddler!