Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Almost 22 months old!

It is August 15th 2005. Independence Day!
Leelee is going to be TWO in TWO months!!! Where has the time gone???!!
She is chatting up a storm these days.. she throw the ball and runs after it saying "Go Get it" and "Watch out". Yesterday she tried some shoes on and said "Shoes a bit big". She is just the cutest toddler ever. Don't get me wrong, she does give me a hard time and I often joke that she is lucky that she is so cute or I would have sold her to the circus by now!

In other news, Leelee is going to be a big sister in January! Yes, we are officially crazy to sign up for Leelee x 2!!! We are very happy but very nervous as well. Some days I feel I can hardly manage with just one child!


Leelee and I are going to India next month.. for two months. Her first time there. It is going to be so much fun. These days, I have really tried hard and learned to give up control over Leelee' activities. Of course I still am a control freak when it comes to dangerous situations but I am easing up on food and naps.

The past 2 months I have been obsessing over her fall/winter wardrobe. Apart from her Christmas dress and shoes, I think we are almost done shopping. In 4 weeks we find out if the new baby is a boy or a girl and then I can start obsessing over him or her! On a purely selfish level, I hope it is a girl. Leelee has accumalated so many cute clothes that I really want to use again and growing up with one sister, that is what I want for her too. A boy will be unchartered territory for me!

Back to what Leelee is upto. She runs like the wind. She is fast and brave to the point of being reckless. She is slow to warm to new people. She likes to be the first to go and talk to someone, if you approach her first, she will hesitate and not want to be near you.
On playdates, she can be a little aggressive. They say this is normal for her age and 90% of the time she plays nicely so I am not too worried.
She and her Dad have started going on bike rides together. It is so cute to watch the two of them in helmets going off down the road.

Truly, she is such a sweet child, so much fun.. we are really lucky to have been blessed with her in our lives. We were just saying the other day that we cannot imagine what we used to do before she arrived.. our lives our just full of her now!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?