Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

9/11 2005

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here. Clear blue skies. Just like it was 4 years ago. As I sit here typing this, my heart is filled with such gratitude for everything we have. My beautiful daughter and incredible husband who are out for a bike ride, enjoying this magnificent day. The little baby inside me who is 20 weeks along today and is kicking me everytime I eat something.
With Hurricane Katrina come and gone, it really is a reminder that all that is important in life is the people in our lives. Family and friends. Even if you lose everything else, if you have them and you have hope, you will be okay.

Leelee is almost 23 months old. She is talking so much more.. she says "Good morning" and "Noo Night" and "I love you Mommy" (that one makes my heart melt).. she is really stringing words together into sentences. What a beautiful, charming, brave, energetic, intelligent child she is. I cannot believe we got so lucky! I worry that with the new baby coming, she won't get as much attention as she is used to. I hope the baby will be like the little "baby dogs" that she adores and will keep her entertained. I imagine them growing up together and my heart swells with joy. It is corny when you read such things when other people write it.. but it is so true.

Anyway, I am incredibly blessed for all that I have, especially my family. And we get to go home in 10 days, back to India.. we are going to have such a grand old time!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?